I’m entirely too proud too announce my latest creation, Rogue Prognosticator. This is a web-based application for doing project estimation and schedule for software development. I’ve written about these topics before, and rest assured I will again; you can count on the concepts you see discussed here being taken into account in the software.
Right now the site is in open beta, free for public use. As features are added, some may be subscriber-only, or may start out being subscriber-only.
This project breaks a lot of new ground for me, and I’ve learned a lot already.
- It’s my first project from scratch using ASP.NET MVC or Entity Framework.
- It’s my first personal project in production using C# or .NET.
- It’s the first time I’ve used Windows Azure.
- It’s the first time I’ve used UserVoice.
- It’s the first time I’ve used continuous deployment from Git on a personal project in production.
- It’s the first time I’ve used SQL Server on a personal project in production.
- It’s the first time I’ve used WordPress in production.