I have been writing software for over twenty years – since I was around seven years old. My second grade science project was a file manager for the Apple II series. Since then I’ve learned more languages than I can count, and done everything from back-end to front-end, from graphic design to server administration, from project management to end-user support.
I am a code poet, a software craftsman with a passion for development. I aim to find the simplest, most elegant practical solution to a problem; of course, there are times when deadlines loom and corners must be cut, and from those situations I’ve honed my skills in rapid development and refactoring.
I have a lot of experience in web development and digital marketing, while maintaining a broad knowledge of the technology space in general. I love learning about and trying new technologies, trying to find what will stick and what will be another passing fad. I love development, architecture, process improvement, and any opportunity to learn.
Skills and Accomplishments
- Good working knowledge of many languages, including Python, C, bash, PowerShell, Ruby, and VBA. Can pick up new languages and technologies quickly.
- Experience with SOAP, REST, AJAX, ActiveMQ, Hibernate, jQuery, Smarty, and Unity3D.
- Extensive experience with Subversion, Git, and Mercurial.
- Experience with object-oriented design and development, including design patterns and best practices.
- Experience with agile development, rapid prototyping, rapid iteration, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and test-driven development.
- Wrote several freely-distributed tools for developers, including a log monitor and two MySQL helper utilities.
- Wrote a complete Learning Management system from scratch in PHP and supported it for 3 years. Rebuilt the entire application in Java, and supported it for another 3 years.
- Wrote several work-queuing applications for Bellsouth/AT&T call centers.
Project and Personnel Management
- Extensive experience with ticket management systems such as Trac and JIRA.
- Wrote and published a web-based application for feature management and estimation
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, mentoring, and organizing small teams and entire departments.
- Extensive experience working with remote and distributed teams and personnel, across the country and across the globe.
- Proven skills in communication, documentation, training, and requirements gathering.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support for AT&T and IgnitionOne.
- Handled production deployment and support for most of IgnitionOne’s products and services.
Server and Database Administration
- Extensive experience with Windows, Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, and Tomcat administration.
- Extensive experience with database design, architecture, optimization, and administration, including MySQL, SQL Server, and SQL Azure.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, IIS, Subversion and Stash administration.
- Experience with Chef for configuration and deployment.
- Familiar with ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, and Postgres administration.
- Familiar with monitoring using Zabbix, AlertSite, Dashing, Pingdom, Exceptionless, and Logentries.
Graphic Design and UX
- Extensive experience with user interface design and user experience optimization.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks. Some experience with Adobe Illustrator.
- Music & recording (4 years)
- E-commerce (4 years)
- Digital Marketing (7 years)
- Telecommunications (9 years)
- Employee Training (6 years)
- Logistics (1 year)
|Oct 2013 – Present||Principal DevOps Architect||IgnitionOne, Atlanta, GA|
|Jun 2010 – Present||Founder & Chief Technologist||Rogue Technologies, Atlanta, GA|
|Dec 2011 – Oct 2013||Development Manager||IgnitionOne, Atlanta, GA|
|May 2011 – Dec 2011||Senior PHP Developer||IgnitionOne, Atlanta, GA|
|Apr 2006 – Feb 2012||Java Developer||AT&T/ Contractor, Atlanta, GA|
|May 2005 – Apr 2006||Tier 3 Support Specialist||Bellsouth, Atlanta, GA|
|Oct 2004 – Apr 2005||Workforce Analyst||UPS/APAC, Newport News, VA|
|Sep 2004 – Oct 2004||Universal Agent||UPS/APAC, Newport News, VA|
|Aug 2004 – Sep 2004||Tracking Agent||UPS/APAC, Newport News, VA|
|Jan 2003 – May 2004||Tier 2 Support Specialist, DSL||BellSouth/ClientLogic, Asheville, NC|
|Nov 2002 – Jan 2003||Workforce Analyst||BellSouth/ClientLogic, Asheville, NC|
|May 2002 – Nov 2002||Tier 2 Support Specialist, Dialup||BellSouth/ClientLogic, Asheville, NC|
|Nov 2001 – May 2002||Technical Support CSR, Dialup||BellSouth/ClientLogic, Asheville, NC|
|Aug 1997 – Jun 2001||Webmaster||Sequoia Records, Encinitas, CA|
Personal references are available upon request.
- StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/users/7426/adrian
- GitHub: https://github.com/aprice/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/adrian-price/5/885/12/